As for my plans... well I'd like to go to Rhode Island. I've never been to part of the country and I have the freedom to do it. However, it will be a logistical pain and there are several advantages to just staying put in North Carolina. So here's a list of the advantages.
Advantages of going to Rhode Island
- Being with my husband
- Experiencing the Northeast
- Not having to decide right now if we want to rent/buy in NC
- No pressure of wanting to find the perfect long term home in just a few weeks
- Able to settle into and get connected to a new church/community
- Won't have to deal with long term storage
- Won't have to find a furnished apartment that accepts pets for our move in a few weeks
- Won't have to find the same housing arrangement in Rhode Island (though I'll have more time to look)
- Cheaper (assuming Nate lives on base in Rhode Island)
Too many decisions to make too quickly. What to do, what to do...