Saturday, June 12, 2010

My turn...

So, this is my first post...Jaime's done so well so far, I hope I don't ruin it! Haha.
Here's the low down for the past week or so. I have been going to the rifle and pistol ranges every for about 2 weeks now, and for the most part it's fun. I'm being paid to hike around with at least 40 pounds of gear on and shoot guns all day. Now mind you, they're long days. I normally get up around 0330 for mandatory breakfast (mando chow). Then we step off from the barracks around 0550 and start shooting at the range about 0730. Then I'll normally get home sometime after 1900, but the latest it's been is 2100. Needless to say, I'm a little tired.

There are three levels of shooting badges in the Marine Corps; Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marksmanship_Badge_(United_States)#United_States_Marine_Corps The link will take you to wikipedia where you can find a photo of both of the badges I earned. I qualified as a sharpshooter on the rifle and on the pistol. "Every Marine a rifleman"; but not every Marine an expert rifleman. Lol.

So for the past week, Jaime has been on a cruise with her sister, Brittany. That's right, your read correctly, a cruise. To where you ask? To Bermuda! While I suffer out in the sun all day. How dare she...am I laying it on a little too thick? In all seriousness though, I'm excited to see her photos and to hear all about it. I'm sure she'll update you all on how it was. She comes home tomorrow, yay! I've missed her; however, all the Marines at work think it was kind of rude of her to leave me and go to Bermuda while I was busting my butt on the ranges all week. Whatever, she deserves it. She's a great lady! Alright, I need to get back to cleaning the house up before she comes back. I hope this post has enlightened you a little as to what I'm going through at TBS and I hope to be able to take the time to write some more. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment