Thursday, June 23, 2011

Quarter Century and 3 Years!

Within the past week we've celebrated both my 25th birthday and our 3rd anniversary!

I thought 25 would be a "scary" birthday. It's a birthday that you realize is on the horizon for a few years, but you can take comfort in the fact that (for now) you're still in your early 20's. As of the 16th I've officially entered my mid-20's, but so far a quarter of a century really isn't looking so bad from here :) I spent my day receiving lots of love from family and friends. Thanks for all the messages, cards, gifts, and calls. I really felt special. Nate even made me a cake (complete with candles) and sang to me! I had my nails done during the day and we went down to Wrightsville Beach that evening for dinner. All in all, it was a great day and I really don't feel any older!

Tuesday Nate and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary! It's hard to believe where we've been in the last 3 years, but they've been the best 3 years of my life :) Nate was exhausted from a night of duty so we just stayed in. Our gift to ourselves this year was a gas grill which we used to grill some filet mignon and shrimp. I steamed some crabs and we had ourselves a feast :) And every year I make Nate a "replica" of his grooms cake. The rental house doesn't have the right pans so I had to improvise. Surprisingly, it doesn't look bad and is as delicious as always! Enjoy some pictures from our special day. We're looking forward to many years of special days to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment