Monday, June 13, 2011

Surf City, NC

Surf City is our new home for the next few months until we get a house on-base. We've done an island hop from Aquidneck Island in RI to Topsail Island in NC.

To say I love our new home would be an understatement.

The house were renting is 3 times as big as the "cottage" in RI. Daisy is loving the room to run around and play. I'm loving the dishwasher, the increase in pots and pans, the bed that doesn't sink towards the middle, 2 bathrooms, a dining room table, and just generally more room to put our stuff. Nate's loving that we found the XBOX 360 at the front of storage. Having 2 weeks of leave to play it was a nice perk too.

But, the best part?

We live approx. 662 ft. from the beach on the Atlantic Ocean!!!

I am in HEAVEN.

We take Daisy to the beach for walks in the evening, I've been there every weekend, and with enough motivation I could go during the week for my lunch break! There's even an ocean kayak here for us to use. Plus, being on a very narrow island provides many a fishing spot for the mister.

Not many people get to live in the place of their dreams (even if only for a few months) and I've wanted to live at the beach for as long as I can remember. God truly knows the desires of his children's hearts and often fulfills them in ways that we never could have imagined. If I had spent my life trying to get here, I probably would still be working toward that end. But instead I followed Him and ended up right where I wanted to be without even trying. Amazing how that works...

No comments:

Post a Comment